Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Artist


I had these for a long time and since I have no valid reason for why I am posting it just now, I am just going to act as if nothing has happened and continue.
One of the themes for my blog was to feature fresh art/artists and boy I feel proud to start it, with featuring creations of a family member, my very dear uncle, Master Rastra Rai.
He doesn’t know it but I call him ‘The Artist’. I have two strong reasons for the title a) because he paints b) and because he has prominently excelled in the field of taekwondo.
Amongst many Gurkhas in the British army, albeit being a former army, he still stands out. Why? Because he is amongst the few who has polished the Gurkhali title oh so brilliantly! Do check him out in season three of Deadliest Warriors, where he represented and won the who-is-the-strongest-battle between the Gurkhas and the French Legion. In my last visitation I got the access to his basement which is festooned with his creative canvases. I had longed to see what I had heard so much of, and my curiosity paid off. When I lit the light of the basement, I was overwhelmed with admiration and respect. The basement was interesting. I could feel that Gurkhali aroma. There was passion and patience ubiquitously present. I am not new to painting, but when I saw his work, I felt I still had a long way to go and more importantly work on patience. 
“I still have a lot to learn”, he says and I wonder what’s still to learn because from my point of view, I feel like he is already there, but I guess it’s the ‘the more you learn, the more you know you still lack’ thing!
His paintings are so neat, that it almost seems very easy. His works are mostly portraits, mostly Gurkhali faces. I hope he does an exhibition soon and I hope I can paint like him (or perhaps better than him ;p) because after all, he is the master!
Add caption

Add caption

Aint she pretty!?

Add caption



Battlefield

Inspiring?!

Spider man chair!

even the palate smells like art

khukuri and dhaka topi with daura suruwal.

you must know him!

Nepali thito!

'takmas!

peace

the eagle nearly landed

'I am an eye person' -Kesh

Buddha was born in Nepal!

doko

Bruce Lee, master of the master

Someone has to carry on!

Girl in Kimono

fit!

Dhaka topi!

Oueen and A Gurkha

The next target!



1 comment:

  1. all of them are so awesome and i really like it kes di :)
    u have no die how mush i love artist with this kind of talent ..,
    tell him ( HE IS AWESOME )

    ReplyDelete