Sunday 2 September 2012

He's the guy!

First of all I would like to thank Tenzin Tseten Bhutia for his precious time on answering my, well, three questions and that also so fast. If you are interested in Fashion Nepal and don't know him already, than I am sorry but I must say 'shame on you!' Embarrassingly, shame on me too as I came across him only few days ago, when he's been around for quiet a while.
He caught my attention when I was going through a pictures of a model-friend, with the shimmery pearl-white aura, of his latest collection 'Keti' (Girl). The models wore big round tika and the collection covered everything from Sarees to dresses. It is white and soft, the theme is understandable. The clothes carry sexiness with sophistication. It is simple yet striking. It appealed me enough to dig out more about him, which led me to his first collection. Colors, culture and that raw talent. It is definitely a starting of something wonderful.  
 As much as I am proud of Prabal Gurung, for me Tenzin takes away the prize, because he gave a struggling yet gradually improving Nepal a glamorous chance. I just wish I was there to witness his shows (next time, promise!)
Before I forget here are the three questions & answers
Tell us something about yourself?
'Well I am a survivor. I have been so long in this career and I am still struggling with every collection. But that's how it should be, I feel it. Once you start taking yourself for granted, that's where you will go down'   
 Where did you do designing course?                                                                                                          'I did my fashion designing from NIFT (National Institute of Fashion and technology) Bangalore seven years back and for that I would like to thank all my friends and college peeps. They pushed me hard to get into fashion and I am glad now that they all did what they did!'
Comment in Fashion in Nepal?                                                                                                                                                     'Fashion in Nepal is getting bigger and bigger and I am sure one day it will be featured all over the world' 
I believe it too Tenzin! With fabulous designers like you we know we have a stunning future. All the best. His mission which is to 'explore creativity' is certainly portrayed in his work. You are definitely the guy of the moment!
His collection 'Keti'

from his debut collection






You can see the inspiration from the traditional Sherpa clothing



Reminds me of yet another Nepalese 'Mithila' Art!

With the beautiful Jaharana Bajracharya Rashid

The man himself!

1 comment: