Saturday 15 September 2012

Pictureless words or isit!?

Haruki Murakami, my best author of the moment, surely deserves a standing ovation for his incredible imagination. I am amidst '1Q84' and as much as I am very much engrossed, I felt the urge to write anything about him/his book.
Judging from the book jacket, the title I thought it was just another post war momento. I changed my mind with the grey branches, dark sky and the yellowish moon art on the cover. It looked mysterious. To be honest I was just interested in the story because of the author. His previous book I had read was Norweigan Wood. My two attractions towards his books are firstly, the english is simple, (probably because it is translated) and he uses some of the random-est and vivid metaphors and similies and secondly his stories are never simple. 
Everything is normal, but it really isn't! As the acreditation on the cover reads 'maddening brilliance'
1Q84 is a story about two worlds 1984 and 1Q84. It's about the worlds with one moon and two moons. Intrigued much!?
It's a must read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment