Saturday 17 March 2012

No more a fashion show virgin!


Albeit it wasn’t traditional and models didn’t walk on sleek n shiny stage, and instead made the very road of Orchard the ramp, where the audience weren’t as fashionable as you’d expect, I will still say it that now I am officially no more a fashion show virgin! It doesn’t take that much guts to witness these kind of show, when, especially it was all for public, but still I am all ‘yay!’ okay let me tell you the story!
I was so excited I reached Orchard three solid hours early! But since its Orchard it’s cool! I must say it’s one of the few places in Singapore where you’d really want to spice yourself up, for the area is all jammed with designer shops and you’ll see everyone really dressed up and dapper.
Adele’s rolling in the deep was blaring out loudly from the tented area where we could (I and my husband) see thin, tall lads and lasses with really sunken cheeks and we immediately assumed they were the models (and of course they were)
There were some raining in-between the waiting but for this I was considering anything!
The show finally started when it was all dark and nice. Even the weather fantastically bearable. Although over the loud music and noise I could not hear the designer’s/shops name properly some of the names were- Just Cavalli, Marks and Spencer, Vivienne Westwood and Dipdrops amongst others.
It was a showcase of ready-to-wear from the high streets, for the high streets. There were lots of maxis, colours and dresses, very much appropriate for Singapore.
Watching models in TVs and magazines and thinking that you are used to those figures was something I had believed in but when I saw them for real, their tiny face on top of the tall, lanky body it was kind of not exactly surreal but ‘wow’ and ‘dammit I want to have that kind of body!’ no wonder every model is the way they are. 
It was a great experience but there was a time I wished I was much more forward than I had been. Talking to models after the show was another experience which I am glad I did it (thanks to my husband who pushed me by saying ‘I thought you wanted to learn more of these things’).


the ramp ;)long way to go!























 I was so much engrossed with the show I didn’t even think of the camera, again thanks to my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment