Thursday 29 March 2012

Digging out!



With diary full of plans and after fifteen months of hardcore Singaporean heat and sun, I am back to London for two months. It’s already been a week since I set my foot on the English land drinking orange ‘lucozade’ and yet I haven’t done anything! Why? Because I am busy nursing myself from this terrible cold! Yeah yeah it’s actually lot warmer now but I feel like I’ve entered a freezer!
‘How did I ever survive here before’ I am thinking and I remember I seldom had jackets in my wardrobe! Anyhow I still love the city and am excited for activating the plans (I hope they get activated)
Sun is smiling but its chilly (although I am getting used to and the weather feels wonderful) and I am spending my days sipping green tea and occasional luczade AND digging out my old stuffs! And blimey! Can there be any more of my textual antics!! My stuffs are just the way I left them! A confession, I am a bibliophile and I even collect text books! I guess I sound very geek, but I don’t care!
With these old textual antics flooded in old memories. I first came in London in the summer of 2007, when I was seventeen. Everything was new and I had this stereotypical image of western people – everyone living in the suburbs, kids cycling, a typical American dream definition, and I was so wrong! First of all why was I even thinking UK the American way and secondly I should stop comparing filmy scenarios to the reality! In simple words London is cold yet creative!
Five things London taught me-
*be bolder, beat the cold!
*cold is no reason to be fat and lazy!
*the clichéd- anything is possible
*the accent ;) (I mean I can differentiate ;p)
*this one is not exactly ‘taught’ but ‘gave’ me Lucozade, the best drink ever!! ;)
Again another article without any pictures! And it don’t look as appealing but trust me I am working on it ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment