Wednesday 16 May 2012

I feel patriotic today (towards Nepali cinema)


There was a time when NOT knowing Nepali cinema and the actors was considered ‘cool’. If you knew them, suddenly you are from the other side of the world, the world where you pronounce ‘office’ as ‘offish’ or ‘opish’ and where middle parting or as we call it ‘asiki’ was evergreen! Unfortunately I knew them, the cinema and the actors (but bear in mind the conventions don’t apply to me!) I knew who was in what film and which song is from which film. It was good when I was a kid (every Nepali’s answer). Then there was disequilibrium in the industry that stayed too long. Actresses adopted trashy as sexy and ‘heroes’ were able to walk on water! And because of this it was easy for all of us to bad mouth the industry. In the recent years it sure has developed a lot in terms of cinematography and the costume but the trailer just promises too much than the delivery. I am not trying to act censor in fact I feel very cinema-patriot today! Now moving on to my actual subject- fashion in Nepali cinema. Well, we don’t really look at the actors for fashion guide do we? I don’t blame you. I don’t know about off-screen but even on on-screen what they wear ain’t as pleasing. Sometimes it's so bad I'm the one feeling embarrassed! then why would I bother watching it? because like I said I am patriotic in terms of cinema too. So I dug in just in case I find a gold in the coal mine and I did! I went through some songs of the nineties and I am definitely feel more relaxed and happy now. why? Because I/we can actually find trends in Nepali cinema too! Unlike the rest of the world when puffy shouldered clothing was big in the eighties, I guess it made it's way only in the nineties. check out some of the well dressed ladies and I deeply apologise for the not-so-clear pictures.
epitome of cute clothing!




check out those daring shoulder.

there was a time I felt this was hedious!

accessorized well! collar so in vogue now!

this puffy shouldered blazer is a must have.

No comments:

Post a Comment