Sunday 10 June 2012

Snowhite and the dark style.

This movie had been in my 'To watch' list since long time. The film wasn't as good as I expected, however, I liked the feminine twist. I liked how the Princess rescues herself and actually fights! It reminded me of Angela Carter's heroines, minus the erotica.
The sombre costumes of Snowhite, very much mirrors Kristen Staurt's off screen style. It's dark, leather (the scene when she is jumping off to the water when running away, leather trousers underneath!) and boots! Somewhere inbetween or perhaps hybrid of gothic and rock.
Besides the movie and Chris Hemsworth the very interesting thing happening was the Evil Queen's jewellries! Loud, big, long and sassy. I know she is evil youth sucker but, she's fine (fashion wise).






No comments:

Post a Comment