Saturday 4 February 2012

Barbie

Years ago when I was more age-appropriate for Barbie, I got not-so-cuddly bears. If any Nepalis out there reading this, and if you have ever come across the not-so-soft stuffy toys eg. the wolf like seated animal and small animal toys with harsh furs, you will know what I am talking about. I don't completely despise it, because the harsh furs brings me the sweet nostalgic memories of my golden days. Oh! how I wish to go back again. Anyways back to Barbie, like any other little girls I wanted something to dress-up and have a hair to play with. I waited and waited, alas! I got none. Then I made a very filmy promise to myself that I will buy myself a Barbie (which I deserve) only if I work hard to be what I want, a writer, so I am still waiting for that 'happiest' day.
perfection! no wonder she is controversial!
Usually I am not in much favor for perfection but, with Barbie it's exceptional because I'd like go with the fact that she is neither die hard feminist nor a dumb blonde, she is just a girl who has it all. Barbie is pretty, perfect, very presentable and also very controversial because of 'her' unrealistically proportioned body, but nevertheless, she is very lovable and not to mention glamorous. 
She is one of the most iconic and fashionable woman out there, hence all these weird high praises for her. A



I also found an old 'when barbie meets Ken' commercial, which I have decided to call an "exclusive" for Valentines day.


No comments:

Post a Comment