Monday 13 February 2012

Valentine aroma (Valentine story)





It sounds so clichéd when I say this, but we met on 14th February. I guess it was meant to be, which is why we went for the same rose on ‘that’ flower shop (we were both buying it for someone else)
Nothing stopped, no music danced and no wind blew but when I saw him I wanted to linger on more, just so that I can get an eyeful of him.
“You take it you were here first” He said politely.
I did take the rose but after that very moment, I broke up with my boyfriend.
I wasn’t completely heartbroken but to mend the slightly cracked heart I bought Chanel no5. I bought it because I had heard it was a ‘special’ perfume.
I was at the bus stop, and it was cold. Tired of waiting I took out the perfume. I pressed the top and sprayed a little on my finger and gave a small playful rub on my neck, just like Keira Knightley in the ad. It was intoxicating. The smell didn’t completely blow me away but, I took a moment to smell it. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of Chanel no5.
“What’s so special?” thought I.
Slowly I let out the drug and opened my eyes and there he was, at the other end of the road, smiling with the rose.



P.S I am not really obsessed with designer products but if I like it I flaunt it ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment